Scroll down for: FR, JP, KR, IT, TR, ZH, ES
- The French and Italian champions become the first of many leading clubs to have digital assets — powered by fintech blockchain company Chiliz — listed on major exchanges.
- $PSG and $JUV went live on the leading crypto exchange Binance at (07:00 CET), Turkish exchange Paribu (10:00 CET) and Korean exchange Upbit (13:00 CET).
- $JUV 24 hour volume hit $150M USD with $PSG at $121M USD. The $PSG market cap stands at $51M. $JUV is at $46M. The combined market cap for all Fan Tokens has now reached $151M. The 24 hour volume for all Fan Tokens is $300M.
- $PSG price rose by 198% in 24 hours to €32.75, more than 16X the launch price of €2. $JUV rose by 113% to €28, a fourteen-fold increase on the launch price of €2.
- PSG and Juventus move comes days after Bitcoin broke $24K and amid heightened global interest in the crypto market. There are 20 Chiliz partners so far, including FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, AS Roma, Galatasaray and the UFC.
- Details on the evolution of $PSG and $JUV since launch can be found here: PSG CoinMarketCap and JUV CoinMarketCap.
SINGAPORE: DECEMBER 21ST, 2020 — Today marks a new dawn for crypto in sports as the leading forces in Italian and French football have listed digital assets on three of the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in partnership with the leading fintech blockchain company Chiliz driving 24 hour trading volumes of $300M.
The digital assets, known as Fan Tokens, for Paris Saint-Germain ($PSG) and Juventus ($JUV) listed on the world’s leading exchange Binance at 07:00 CET, before trading began on major Turkish exchange Paribu at 10:00 CET and top Korean exchange Upbit at 13:00 CET.
At the time of writing the 24 hour volume for $JUV stands at $150M USD, with $PSG at $121M.
The $PSG market cap now stands at $51M. $JUV is at $46M. $PSG price rose by 198% in 24 hours to €32.75, more than 16X the launch price of €2. $JUV rose by 113% to €28, a fourteen-fold increase on the launch price of €2.
$JUV and $PSG are now second and fourth in the list of top performing tokens globally as shown by the leading cryptocurrency data authority. Details on the evolution of $PSG and $JUV since launch can be found here: PSG CoinMarketCap and JUV CoinMarketCap.
The club listings are a result of strategic partnerships with Chiliz, a fintech blockchain company that provides some of the biggest sporting properties in the world with engagement and monetization opportunities through Fan Tokens on the fan influence and rewards app Socios.com.
Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus will be the first of many leading sporting organisations to have their digital assets listed on major exchanges. 18 more leading sporting organisations have partnered with Chiliz to date, including soccer clubs FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, AS Roma, Galatasaray, Trabzonspor, Istanbul Başakşehir and Esports organisations Heretics, NAVI, Alliance and OG. Chiliz have also struck up agreements with the UFC and fellow MMA outfit the Professional Fighters League (PFL). Dozens more top-tier organisations and IPs from sports and entertainment are poised to join the roster of Chiliz partners in the near future. The combined total market cap for all Fan Tokens has now reached $151M. Total 24 hour volume for all Fan Tokens is $300M.
Powered by the utility token $CHZ, Socios.com is one of the most active non-financial, consumer-facing mainstream blockchain products in the world. In just over a year it has been downloaded by more than 370,000 people, over 14m Fan Tokens have been sold, and over 700,000 votes registered on the blockchain. FC Barcelona’s ($BAR) Fan Token Offering sold out in 20 minutes, generating $1.3m, whilst Turkish team Trabzonspor’s FTO generated 5 million TRY in less than 5 minutes.
Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO & Founder of Chiliz and Socios.com said: “We have just taken a major step forward in our vision to tokenize the sports and entertainment industry over the next 5–7 years.
“This is a seminal moment for us, the start of a new trend where the world’s leading sporting organisations will have their proprietary digital assets listed on the biggest global exchanges, generating visibility, liquidity and volume. This new trend will gather pace as more of the world’s biggest sporting properties have their Fan Tokens listed in the near future.
“We will be adding many more partners from sports and entertainment in the years to come who will become part of this digital transformation and our wider global fan engagement and monetization ecosystem.”